Cologuard can be completed in the comfort of home and does not require special preparation, dietary or medical changes, sedation, or time off from work.
The Customer Care Center is available 24/7 to help patients complete their Cologuard collection kit by calling 1-844-870-8870.
How to use Cologuard
See how patients can screen for CRC at home with Cologuard.
This video can also be viewed in Spanish.
Noninvasive colorectal cancer (CRC) screening with Cologuard may help address potential barriers for patients
3 Tips for Cologuard
collection kit completion
Reinforce with your patients the importance of screening as soon as they are eligible
- Explain how screening as soon as they are eligible is important because when detected in early stages, CRC is more treatable1,3*†
Ensure your patients understand the process
- Let them know that they should expect a welcome call from the Customer Care Center
- Recommend that they store the Cologuard collection kit on the back of their toilet until ready for use
- Clarify with them what is considered an acceptable stool sample
- It should not be larger than the bottle of liquid in the kit and should not be provided if there is diarrhea or blood in the stool
Provide tips and set expectations for collection kit completion
- Provide a 2-week time frame for your patients to return the Cologuard collection kit
- Explain how the sample should be shipped back within one day of collection and be mindful of weekends/holidays to prevent shipping delays