Cologuard is shipped directly to patients' homes upon ordering.
Accompanied by 2 months of personalized outreach to facilitate screening completion, including a welcome call as well as mail, email, or text message reminders.
The Cologuard Collection Kit
The Cologuard collection kit is designed for ease of use at home. If a patient has questions, a customer support specialist is available to assist via phone at 1-844-870-8870.
Noninvasive colorectal cancer (CRC) screening with Cologuard may address potential barriers for patients
3 Tips for Cologuard
collection kit completion
Reinforce with your patients the importance of early screening
- Explain how early screening is important because when detected in early stages, CRC is more treatable1,3*†
Ensure your patients understand the process
- Let them know that they should expect a welcome call from the Customer Care Center
- Recommend that they store the Cologuard collection kit on the back of their toilet until ready for use
- Clarify with them what is considered an acceptable stool sample
- It should not be larger than the bottle of liquid in the kit and should not be provided if there is diarrhea or blood in the stool
Provide tips and set expectations for collection kit completion
- Provide a 2-week time frame for your patients to return the Cologuard collection kit
- Explain how the sample should be shipped back within one day of collection and that patients should be mindful of weekends and holidays to prevent shipping delays