Cologuard is shipped directly to the patient's home upon ordering.
Accompanied by 2 months of personalized outreach to facilitate screening completion including a welcome call, as well as mail, email, or text message reminders.
The Cologuard Collection Kit
The Cologuard Collection Kit is designed for ease of use at home. If a patient has questions, a Customer Support Specialist is available to assist via phone at 1-844-870-8870.
Colorectal Cancer (CRC) screening for
at-home use made easy for your patients
3 Tips for Cologuard
collection kit completion
Reinforce with your patients the importance of early screening
- Explain how early screening is important because when detected in early stages, CRC is more treatable1,2*
Ensure your patients understand the process
- Let them know that they should expect a welcome call from the Customer Care Center
- Recommend that they store the Cologuard collection kit on the back of their toilet
- Clarify with them what is considered an acceptable stool sample
- It should not be larger than the bottle of liquid in the kit and should not be provided if there is diarrhea or blood in the stool
Provide tips and set expectations for collection kit completion
- Provide a 2-week time frame for your patients to return the Cologuard collection kit
- Explain how the sample should be shipped back within one day of collection and be mindful of weekends/holidays to prevent shipping delays
Patients should not provide a sample to Cologuard if they have diarrhea or if they have blood in their urine or stool (eg, from bleeding hemorrhoids, bleeding cuts or wounds on their hands, rectal bleeding, or menstruation). The risks related to using the Cologuard collection kit are low, with no serious adverse events reported among people in a clinical trial. Patients should be careful when opening and closing the lid to avoid the risk of hand strain.3